Transdermal Magnesium Therapy is not a new thing. It has been around for quite some time. Dr Mark Sircus wrote an excellent book on the subject – named “Transdermal Magnesium Therapy”. Dr Carolyn Dean and many other authors have also described in detail benefits and applications of magnesium salts for health and vitality.
Magnesium is the 4th most abundant mineral in the body. Without it:
- 300+ body processes would be impossible.
- Our cells could not produce energy without magnesium.
- Toxins would not get eliminated. Bones and teeth could not be formed.
- Our heart and muscles would simply go into spasm.
- The food we eat could not get converted into energy.
So we can say with confidence that every single cell and chemical reaction in our body depends on magnesium.
Why is magnesium deficiency so common?
- Magnesium-poor soil. Intensive agricultural methods have resulted in magnesium depletion for soils in many parts of the world. This means that food grown in such soil is also poor in magnesium.
- Soft water – being rich in potassium, it is low in magnesium.
- Junk food and drinks
- Alcohol & drugs
- Sugar addiction
- Side-effects of medication.
At Pure Nature Cures, we have developed a course which shows how to absorb magnesium most quickly and effectively – through the skin. The course is called Transdermal Magnesium Therapy. It consists of modules which describe reasons and problems connected with magnesium deficiency and how to overcome it. The course covers a whole range of issues and various application methods.
Health benefits of Transdermal Magnesium Therapy
- Pain relief – the therapy is great for a painful back, muscles and joints – anywhere in the body.
- Inflammations – magnesium is a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Stress, anxiety – magnesium is one of the best relaxants in nature – without side-effects. Magnesium salts applied transdermally have a profound calming and relaxing effect on people suffering from stress and anxiety.
- Nervous tension – being deeply relaxing, magnesium is wonderful for relieving nervous tension.
- Weight problems – magnesium regulates blood sugar levels, boost metabolism, thus having a profound effect on weight loss.
- Diabetes – being an important factor in regulating blood sugar, magnesium helps to manage diabetes.
- Detox – magnesium is part of the detoxifying mechanism, so is vital for effective detox.
- Low energy – the “energy molecule” ATP needs magnesium. When we don’t have enough magnesium, ATP cannot produce enough energy.
- Insomnia – sorting out magnesium deficiency helps to deal with insomnia.
- Alcohol & drug addictions – people with addictions normally have very low levels of magnesium. This results in disruption of major metabolic processes, especially blood sugar control in alcohol addicts. Magnesium supplementation is important when undergoing detox.
- Ageing, wrinkles – magnesium relaxes and rejuvenates tissues which keep the skin elastic and supple. Without sufficient magnesium the dermal tissues become calcified, pulling on the superficial layers, which leads to the formation of wrinkles.
- Chronic fatigue – magnesium is needed for energy production. People who don’t have enough magnesium are much more prone to development of CFS.
- Fibromyalgia – a painful condition which is accompanied by magnesium deficiency. People suffering from fibromyalgia respond especially well to Transdermal Magnesium Therapy.
- ADHD – Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a condition characterised by the inability to focus. This leads to issues with work and studies, as well as behaviour. Studies show that people with ADHD respond well to magnesium supplementation, so Transdermal Magnesium Therapy can be very effective and beneficial to them.
- PMT – responds really well to Transdermal Magnesium Therapy reliving premenstrual tension, as well as aches and pain.
- Menopause – a stressful time of big changes in a woman’s body. Magnesium helps to re-balance hormones and the mind.
- Osteoporosis – this condition is characterised by severe magnesium deficiency. This leads to bones becoming brittle. For this reason, Transdermal Magnesium Therapy can be of great benefit to osteoporosis sufferers.
- Constipation – magnesium oil applied on the stomach (and some taken inside) helps to get the bowel moving.
- Cramps – magnesium oil helps to relax the muscles and ease, as well as prevent, cramps.
- Restless leg syndrome – the unpleasant condition which disturbs many people’s sleep. Magnesium helps to ease the symptoms considerably.
- Dental health – using magnesium helps to maintain oral hygiene and prevent plaque and infection.
- Oily skin, acne, rosacea – magnesium oil helps to rebalance the hormones when applied all over the body. When used on the face, it helps to clean up the pores and kill bacteria.
- Psoriasis – some people report improvements in the condition with regular applications of magnesium oil.
- Eczema – responds very well, especially to Dead Sea salt solution. This is why many people who suffer from eczema experience remarkable improvements after swimming daily for 2-3 weeks in the Dead Sea.
- Tension headaches & migraines – being a powerful relaxant, magnesium salt helps to release tension in the neck and scalp. This helps to relieve headaches and migraines.
This is far from a full list of all the multiple benefits of magnesium supplementation. I still hope that it will help convince you how important it is to keep magnesium levels high at all times. Since it is difficult to diagnose, watch for common symptoms of deficiency, such as leg cramps, anxiety, feeling stressed, tired, unable to sleep well and having aches and tension around the body.
Check out our courses – especially Transdermal Magnesium Therapy. Also, I have written a book about magnesium – “Magnesium at Home: 25 Most Common Health Conditions & How Magnesium Salts Can Help”. It gives a much better overview of this important mineral and its benefits.