As I have mentioned many times already, a large number of people experience a deficiency in this very important mineral. There are many possible reasons for it which I have already covered in my magnesium blog. In this post, I would like to talk about the 10 reasons you should have a magnesium oil massage and Far Infrared Magnesium Wrap at least once a fortnight.
What do the treatments involve?
1. Magnesium massage involves using magnesium chloride solution (otherwise known as “magnesium oil”) to perform massage on another person. When we do it to ourselves, we cannot reach certain areas like the back for example. So I would call it a rub which is something we can do on a daily basis despite its limitations. Having a professional massage has many advantages. Our body becomes relaxed, muscles are softened which speeds up the absorption of magnesium ions by the skin. Read more about the treatment here.
2. Far Infrared Magnesium Wrap involves using magnesium oil and far infrared blanket (also known as a “sauna blanket” or “bag”) in order to facilitate the absorption of magnesium oil and delivery of the ions to the muscles and body organs. It is like magnesium massage on steroids. The treatment includes magnesium massage at the start followed by getting wrapped up in a far infrared blanket for 30-45 minutes to help the absorption of the mineral.
How do the treatments benefit us?
Following are just some of the benefits, and there are many more. The magnesium massage and Far Infrared Magnesium Wrap:
1.Improve sleep. I have experienced it many times on myself when I cannot go to sleep. Rubbing magnesium oil over my head and body helps to relax my restless mind which is normally what keeps me awake at night. This is why I always keep a bottle of it next to my bed. I could, of course, opt for a bath or a foot bath which I do too. However, by rubbing magnesium oil over the body we get a concentrated dose of the mineral which is why it works so fast.
2. Relieve back pain. It is no secret that many of us sit a lot. We just don’t move around as much as we used to. This is one of the main reasons for back pain. Our back muscles become rigid and any strain on them leads to muscle injury and back pain. Magnesium oil combined with massage relax the back muscles making them more flexible and less prone to injury. Besides, magnesium is a powerful anti-inflammatory mineral. This helps with inflammations if they are present in the area.
3. Reduce high blood pressure. Magnesium relaxes the walls of the blood vessels which promotes the blood flow. In the longterm magnesium helps to prevent the build-up of arterial plaque by binding the free calcium in the blood which is partly responsible for the problem.
4. Promote heart health. Vascular health is directly connected with a healthy heart. Magnesium is very important at maintaining it. In fact, magnesium injections are used in emergency rooms with heart attack patients. Needless to say, they have saved many lives.
5. Help to restore painful joints. Magnesium is a powerful natural anti-inflammatory and pain relieving mineral, and people suffering from inflammations of the joints due to arthritis or sports injuries benefit greatly from regular applications.
6. Relieve anxiety and depression. Being a powerful relaxant, magnesium oil works wonders for the brain and the whole nervous system. Many of my clients report a feeling of being in a trance when having magnesium oil massage or wrap. This feeling is lasting too.
7. Promote weight loss. Magnesium regulates blood sugar and metabolism in the body. It also maintains the hormone balance. In fact, when we are deficient in magnesium certain hormones which cause weight gain to prevail. So in order to maintain a healthy weight we need to ensure that we have enough of this vital mineral in our body.
8. Raise energy and vitality. This is tightly linked to healthy weight maintenance. Magnesium is a spark needed by each body cell to produce energy. Without it, the cells die. Simple as that. This is why we become sluggish (and gain weight) when we lack the mineral. Regular supplementation ensures that we have the energy needed not only to function but to thrive.
9. Improve sex life. Magnesium is very important to maintain fertility, sex drive and energy needed for healthy intimate relationships and reproduction. It also helps to restore erectile problems and libido where it has been lost. Magnesium-based treatments relax the mind and all the body tissues needed for this. They also provide the mineral for the creation of essential hormones needed for the reproductive system.
10. Anti-ageing, promote longevity. Magnesium removes calcifications in the skin, promote the formation of collagen and elastin and relax the tissues. That’s when we look at the skin level. However, rejuvenating properties of magnesium take place at a much deeper level. All the organs, muscles, the endocrine system, the nervous and other body systems benefit from it greatly. Magnesium promotes the formation of the HGH hormone which is needed to maintain health, youth and vitality.
Transdermal Magnesium Therapy
This post and video only cover some benefits of magnesium. The fastest and most efficient way to top up its levels is by applying the salts transdermally. Dr Mark Sircus has written a lot about transdermal magnesium therapy and you may want to read his wonderful book which I strongly recommend if you want to study the subject in depth.
I have written a short book of my own which includes tips on how to use magnesium salts at home. I have also devised treatments and courses – Transdermal Magnesium Therapy and Far Infrared Magnesium Wrap. You can study it for professional use or if you want to learn more about how to address many health conditions using the mineral and how to do the treatments at home. Take a look here to read about these and other Mineral Healing courses we offer.
If you are based or are visiting London, you can book either one or both treatments to experience their many benefits for yourself.